Company Practice Psychology
NZB014 course is part of 11 study plans
Ing. full-t. program NPC-SIS compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 2 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPC-SIM compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 2 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPC-SIV compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 2 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPC-SIR compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 2 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPC-SIK compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 2 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPC-GK compulsory-elective Summer Semester 2nd year 2 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPC-MI compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 2 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPA-SIS compulsory Winter Semester 2nd year 2 credits
Ing. combi. program NKC-SIS compulsory Winter Semester 2nd year 2 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPC-ARS > spArA compulsory Summer Semester 1st year 2 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPC-ARS > spArP compulsory Summer Semester 1st year 2 credits
The subject offer the basic orientation in practical soft skills used in companies, it raises the finding employment ability and graduate competitiveness. The subject continuously introduces to students the soft skills that lead the graduate effectively to carrier and personality growth.
Orientation in company practice interpersonal situations, ability to apply gained knowledge and skills in personal and professional life. To have ability to effectively control emotions and thoughts in focusing personality carrier raise and efficiency for company. Ability of insight on human relationships, group processes, own communication style and ability of active reformation for company needs.
Basic knowledge from psychology and sociology from secondary school (from subjects as Civics or Social sciences). Basic orientation in terminology from general psychology, sociology and social groups.
Basic orientation in company everyday routine, in professional work position sorting in company human resource system.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
The information will be passed on in the form of lectures, accompanied by rich photographic material. Lectures, basic information, continuous tests and a lot of information beyond the recited topics are in LMS Moodle.
Forms and criteria of assessment
Students show gained knowledge and skills in essay and at the end of the semester they complete a final credit test, and 50% of the total test scores are required to obtain the credit.
Orientation in an interpersonal communication (especially considering managment position), abilities in aplication knowledge and soft-skills in private and in profession life.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Soft – skills, definition, use in practice, importance for competitiveness. Innovation and creativity, its support for own efficiency and creative activity increasing.
2. Assertiveness and attitude to others, assertiveness as relationships change possibility and cooperation with others, self – evaluation, respect to own personality, to others.
3. Communication, empathy, nonverbal reading, communication faults.
4. Dealing with problem communication partner types, its identification and its specific in communication.
5. Conflict and negotiation, dealing strategy considering the aim of dealing.
6. Own work results presentation to professional and general public. Work with public.
7. Social groups versus team, dynamics and team parts.
8. Working environment and related psychological aspects. Work environmental hygiene.
9. Problem dealing at work. Identification and solving for civil engineering environment.
10. Procrastination and Self – management as personality efficiency rising.
11. 4. and 5. generation time – management, efficiency a priority.
12. Stress, its physiology and relax techniques. Stress reduce.
13. Job interview, curriculum vitae and cover leter.