Academic Year 2023/24
NZB013 course is part of 6 study plans
NPC-SIV Summer Semester 1st year
NPC-SIM Summer Semester 1st year
NPC-SIK Summer Semester 1st year
NPC-GK Summer Semester 2nd year
NPC-SIS Winter Semester 2nd year
NPC-SIR Winter Semester 2nd year
2. Assessment criteria for the presentations. Evaluation reports. Stage fright and relaxation techniques. Coping of presentation nervousness.
3. Emotional intelligence. Empathy and its importance in interpersonal and presentation communication. Working with the audience.
4. The role of self-knowledge and self-monitoring in communication. Critics and praise in communication. Grammar exercises.
5. Basics of nonverbal communication and presentation preparation. Analysis of the most common mistakes in speech in terms of nonverbal communication.
6. Beginning with the presentation. Effective introduction and conclusion.
7. Basics of verbal communication. Voice preparation and rhetoric. Czech in the speech. Presentation academic language.
8. Types of presentations (informative, persuasive and improvising) and their specifics. The presentation of results for the professionals and general public.
9. Software support of presentations. Presentation tools and their appropriate using. Visual aids, optimal work with them.
10. Ethics and etiquette from the view of presentation situations. Becoming a better presenter.
11. Specifics of presentations of civil engineering disciplines. Tips for a proper presentation. The rhetorical triangle.
12. Specifics of team presentations. The role of the individual in a presenting group.
13. Presentation of printed material. Summary of knowledge.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 1 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 1 hours/week, compulsory