The Course of the Building Design Process
NHB052 course is part of 3 study plans
Ing. full-t. program NPC-SIS compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 3 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPA-SIS compulsory Winter Semester 2nd year 3 credits
Ing. combi. program NKC-SIS compulsory Winter Semester 2nd year 3 credits
The realization of the investment plan represents many administrative activities for the developer. These activities are usually provided by invited specialists. Students will be acquainted with the individual phases of building permit.
The aim of the course is to prepare the students for the process of implementing the investment project from the initial idea to the final building to use. The outputs of the course will be a set of forms, studies and analyzes, the students will encounter in the course of authorizing the construction.
Basic knowledge of construction law, the main phase of the construction process.
The students will use parallel information from the subject the Specialized project, partly use the information from the subject the Proposal of building in the proces of planning permission proceedings.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
The course consists of lectures, whose content is processed through electronic presentations. Voluntary tasks will be assigned to the lectures. It is expected, therefore, the study by self.
Forms and criteria of assessment
The credit will be awarded for completion of attendance and submission of work in the form of forms, studies and analyzes.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 10 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Introduction, basic concepts and definitions. An overview of the various phases of the construction process.
2. Preparation of buildings - pre-investment phase - processing building plan. Technical and Economic Studies - Study of Opportunities, feasibility study.
3. Preparation of buildings - the phase of entering and processing of design documentation. Contractual relations in the preparatory phase. Chartered engineer, technician and architect.
4. Preparation of buildings - Phase of assigning and elaboration of design documentation. Design documentation for the planning permission proceedings. Application for location of the building.
5. Administrative Code, Building Act - Deadlines, Procedures, Participants, Authorities.
6. Preparation of buildings - Phase of assigning and elaboration of design documentation. Building approval process. Notification of structures. Change of completed building.
7. Tender for contractor of construction - Public Procurement Act, types of contracting entities, types of contracts, creation of tender conditions, criteria for selection of contractor, offer - assembling according to specifications, necessary documents. Assignment and processing of documentation for construction, requirements for the tender budget, checking the accuracy and completeness of the contractor, designing measures for the quality of execution. Production (workshop) documentation. Chartered engineer, technician and architect in the process of construction, authorization, responsibility.
8. Realization of the construction - pre-production, production and operational preparation of the contractor, logistics in the provision of resources and their handling, selection of subcontractors and work with them during the implementation. Handing of building site, communicating with the authorities in the building approval process, ensuring compliance with the terms of the opinions of the authorities.
Control days, participants, sample entries, way of conducting control days, checking the performance of tasks, keeping a diary and other administrations during construction, change management, additional costs, multi-priced calculations, additions, responsibilities and rights of builders and masters
9. Delivery of the building - pre-acceptance, acceptance, checking of defects and defects, delivery protocols with subcontractors and customers, contractor's activity when handing over the work, handover administration, preparation of the documentation of the actual execution of the construction.
Final inspection approval - application, building inspections, negotiation with the authorities, opinions of the authorities, issuance of the final inspection approval. Liquidation of the building site.
10. Warranty and post-warranty service of the contractor. Ways of dealing with complaints, drafting and submitting binding rules for building use, business logs, contact addresses, and details of the contractor and responsible persons, in dealing with complaints. Meaning and method of processing the construction site control and subsequent maintenance, estimating the estimated costs of future maintenance or repairs that will ensure the serviceability of the building and extend its useful life.
1 hours/week, 10 weeks, compulsory
Syllabus of practice
1. Introduction, exercise plan. Local zoning plan of the site, conditions of use of areas.
2. Finding of property-law relations in the locality.
3. Traffic and technical infrastructure managers.
4. Land use limits.
5. Completion, conclusion, credit.