Modelling of Structures
DLB041 course is part of 4 study plans
Ph.D. full-t. program DPC-K compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 8 credits
Ph.D. combi. program DKC-K compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 8 credits
Ph.D. full-t. program DPA-K compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 8 credits
Ph.D. combi. program DKA-K compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 8 credits
The truss analogy method for concrete structures design, principles for the set up and application of strut-tie model, application for design of reinforcement of selected structural details. Framed members subjected to shear, truss analogy and compression field theory. Composite structures concrete-concrete. Structural design of step-by-step constructed structures, approximate calculation methods of rheological effects solution, time discretisation method. Temperature stressed structures - principles of solution and the application.
Deepen knowledge in the field of the modern methods of design:
- concrete plasticity and its application in concrete structures design,
- strut and ties models,
- the members subjected to a shear force and torsion in interaction with others types of internal forces using compression field theory,
- the principles of rheological effects of concrete and mastering the methods for analysis of these effects on step by step constructed structures,
- analysis of structures subjected to temperature.
structural mechanics, elasticity and plasticity, principles of calculation of the creep and shrinkage effects of concrete on concrete structures design
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations. Education runs in the forms of lectures and individual consultation on the selected topic, that the student processes as a seminar work.
Forms and criteria of assessment
An exam is held in oral form and consists both of the practical part, in which the seminar wor is discussed, and the theoretical part. Both parts should be accomplished to pass the exam.
Providing information about the modern methods of concrete members design using a truss analogy.
Knowledge of the methods for analysis of concrete structure details and for solution of interaction of force effects on a concrete section.
Understanding of the methods for analysis of long-term effects of concrete and composite structures in view of the rheological properties of concrete.
Explanation of the design method of temperature stressed structures.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
3 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Modern aspects of structures modelling. Application of the truss analogy method for concrete structures design.
2. Principles for the set up and application of strut-tie model.
3. Relation of the truss analogy method to concrete structures dimensioning.
4. Application of strut-tie model for design of reinforcement of selected structural details.
5. Framed members subjected to shear.
6.–7. Composite structures concrete-concrete.
8. Compression field theory. Interaction of the force effects using compression field theory.
9. Structural design of step-by-step constructed structures.
10. Effects of creep and shrinkage on structures.
11. Approximate calculation methods of rheological effects solution.
12. Method of time discretisation.
13. Temperature stressed structures - principles of solution and the methods application on specific concrete structures.