DEB060 course is part of 4 study plans
Ph.D. full-t. program DPC-GK compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 7 credits
Ph.D. combi. program DKC-GK compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 7 credits
Ph.D. full-t. program DPA-GK compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 7 credits
Ph.D. combi. program DKA-GK compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 7 credits
The content of the subject is the application of methods of software solution for cartographic visualization and geovizualization. Geovizualization represents the current trend of graphical interpretation of spatial data and the student will become acquainted both with the basic rules of cartography and with current trends in geovizualization. Attention is also paid to geovizualization in the web environment, mobile phones, cartographic animation and virtual reality.
The aim of the course is to focuse actual knowledge on the area of cartographic visualization especially maps of large scale (in particular graphical and digital form of cadastral map) and geovisualization especially in web environment, mobile phones, cartographic animation and virtual reality.
Cartography and GIS at the level of bachelo´s and master´s degree
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
Lectures, self-study, LMS Moodle
Forms and criteria of assessment
The student will complete the subject with an oral exam, during which he/she will prove orientation in current topics and defend assigned practical project.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
3 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Models of communication of cartographic information
2. Cartographic visualization, geovisualisation and digital cartography
3. Softwares for digital cartography
4. Graphical and digital form of cadastral maps, digital format of cadastral maps
5. The concept and specifics of digital maps
6. Geovisualisation on the Internet and mobile phones
7. Web cartography
8. Digital sources of cartographic data in the Czech Republic
9. Computer maps metadata
10. Quantitative methods of cartography
11. 3D visualization
12. Dynamic maps
13. Virtual reality in cartography