Academic Year 2023/24
DEB055 course is part of 4 study plans
DPC-GK Winter Semester 1st year
DPA-GK Winter Semester 1st year
DKC-GK Winter Semester 1st year
DKA-GK Winter Semester 1st year
Fundamentals of physical and geometrical geodesy. Development of electronic geodetic instruments. Theoretical principles of electronic theodolites, distance meters, levelling instruments, satellite and inertial systems. Testing of electronic geodetic instruments. Atmospheric refraction influences in geodetic measurements. Automation of measurements and data processing. Data corrections and reductions to projection planes. Integrated measuring systems. Fundamentals of 3D geodesy. Local and global coordinate systems. Coordinate transformations. Quality analysis of accuracy of measurement results. Analysis of special software products for all kinds of surveying tasks.
The aim of the course is to expand students' knowledge in selected areas of geodesy. The selection will be related to the topic of the dissertation.
The goal of the subject is expanding of student's knowledge in some elected fields of geodesy and surveying. The elected topics should encourage student's interest about the problems and show them correct and simple methods for their solving. The topics are of expanding nature, they are not usually included in standard geodesy courses. Selection of topics will depend on specializations of registered students.
Students will learn to work with scientific literature and use it as a base for own scientific work.
Time-table of lectures will be modified in dependence on thematic focus of registered students.
1.-6. Lectures (6 lectures from following list)
- General principles of physical and geometric geodesy. Theory and testing of electronic geodetic instruments.
- Atmospheric refraction and its influences on geodetic measurements.
- Data corrections and reductions in geodesy (geometrical as same as physical one).
- Automation of measurements and data processing.
- Integrated measuring systems.
- Principles of 3D geodesy.
- Transformation of coordinates, qualitu analysis of identical points and transformation results.
- Accuracy determination on high accuracy measurements.
- Theory and testing of electronic geodetic instruments.
7. Semestral work specification
13. Semestral work delivery (cca 20 pages)
Knowledge of survey and calculation approaches in geodesy.
Adjustment of network and thery of errors.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 3 hours/week, elective