Selected chapters from building physics
DBB013 course is part of 4 study plans
Ph.D. full-t. program DPC-S compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 8 credits
Ph.D. combi. program DKC-S compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 8 credits
Ph.D. full-t. program DPA-S compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 8 credits
Ph.D. combi. program DKA-S compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 8 credits
Selected condensation problems: non-isothermal condensation, models DIAL, DRAL, IM-TDR a IM-TIR. Condensation problems of special building structures (non-heated sports stadiums, etc.). Selected problems of heat conduction, convection and radiation: convection and radiation between gray bodies, combined heat transfer.
The students will be acquainted with the advanced parts of condensation and transport of radiative heat in buildings. The students will also master these topics numerically.
Basic knowledge of building thermal technology.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Forms and criteria of assessment
Students will write essays focused on the studied problems. The essays will be assessed according to the grades A, B, C, D, E, and F.
Mastering advanced knowledge from building thermodynamics. Accent is put on the current research results. Illustrations will have the form of excerpts from journal papers which enables students to acquire basic formal skills necessary for presentation of research results in scientific journals.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
3 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Non-isothermal diffusion of water vapour and condensation.
2. Condensation model DIAL.
3. Condensation model DRAL.
4. Condensation models IM-TDR, IM-TIR and their comparison with the models DIAL and DRAL.
5. Unsteady heat conduction.
6. Drop of contact temperature.
7. Heat transfer through interphases.
8. Heat convection.
9. Heat radiation.
10. Heat radiation between gray bodies.
11. Combined transfer of heat and calculation of heat resistance of closed air cavities.
12. Condensation problems of special structures (non-heated sports stadiums) – derivation of analytical relations.
13. A detailed numerical analysis of heat exchange between the constructure of a winter stadium and its ice surface.