BVA001 course is part of 4 study plans
Bc. full-t. program BPC-SI > spVS compulsory Winter Semester 1st year 3 credits
Bc. full-t. program BPC-MI compulsory Winter Semester 1st year 3 credits
Bc. full-t. program BPA-SI compulsory Winter Semester 1st year 3 credits
Bc. combi. program BKC-SI compulsory Winter Semester 1st year 3 credits
Introducing into theory of economics. Basic economic terms and relations. Supply and demand, market formation. Financial markets, money market,capital market, international money market. Macroeconomic theory, macroeconomic outputs, macroeconomic equilibrium, economic growth and business cycles. Economic policy, its targets and tools. Market of goods and services, theory of consumer behaviour, theory of firm. Market of production factors.
Students will acquire basic knowledge of microeconomics and macroeconomics relationships and interaction among them. After successful completion of the course, student is able to:
- understand the functioning of the economic system and its tools;
- explain macroeconomic ratios as gross domestic product, inflation, unemployment, balance of payment;
- explain the relationship among microeconomic subjects (households, firm, state, foreign countries);
- explain the behaviour of consumers and firms on the market of goods and services and the market of production factors.
Knowledge of basic social sciences within the scope of secondary school level.
The course is in the first year of study, parallel knowledge is not required.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures, practical classes and self-study assignments. Attendance at lectures is optional, but attendance at classes is compulsory.
Forms and criteria of assessment
The condition of the credit is the development of given examples. The exam consists of a written test, written answers to questions and oral examination. For passing the oral exam, the student must obtain in the written part a minimum 50 points from 100.
To get fundamentals of microeconomics, macroeconomics and world economics. Student also acquires knowledge about behaviour of economic system, its tools, institutions and regularities.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Economics, Characteristic of Market Economy.
2. Basic Market Elements.
3. Macroeconomic Theory, Macroeconomic Outputs, Gross Domestic Product.
4. Macroeconomic Equilibrium, Economic Growth and Business Cycles.
6. Financial Markets, Money Market.
7. Financial Markets, Capital Market.
8. Financial Markets, International Money Market.
9. Economic Policy, Goals and Instruments.
10. International Trade, External Commerce and Monetary Policy.
11. Market of Goods and Services, Theory of Consumer Behaviours.
12. Market of Goods and Services, Theory of Firm.
13. Market of Production Factors.
1 hours/week, 13 weeks, compulsory
Syllabus of practice
1.–2. Introduction to Economics, Characteristics of Market Economy.
3.–4. Basic Market Elements.
5.–6. Macroeconomic Outputs.
7.–8. Financial Markets, Money Market.
9.–10. Financial Markets, Capital Market, International Money Market.
11.–12. Market of Goods and Services, Theory of of Consumer Behaviours.
13. Market of Goods and Services. Theory of Firm.