Building Services 1
BTA001 course is part of 4 study plans
Bc. full-t. program BPC-SI > spS compulsory Winter Semester 3rd year 5 credits
Bc. full-t. program BPC-MI compulsory Winter Semester 3rd year 5 credits
Bc. full-t. program BPA-SI compulsory Winter Semester 3rd year 5 credits
Bc. combi. program BKC-SI compulsory Winter Semester 3rd year 5 credits
Basic principles of design of sanitary facilities including pre-wall installation, design fixtures assembly, plumbing, and gas installations. The location of installations in buildings. Basic principles of disposal of waste water from buildings. Hydraulics and design of drainage systems. Design of wastewater and rainwater drainage systems. Control runoff of rainwater. Sewer connections. Basic principles of water installations. Designing of water installation. Hydraulics and sizing of water installation. Protection against pollution of potable water. Water heaters. Thermal insulation of pipes. Equipment for fire water supply. Water connections. Basic principles of building gas supply. Types and characteristics of combustible gases. Designing a gas installation pipework. Sizing gas installations. Categories and placement of gas appliances. Gas service lines. Internal electrical power distribution. Materials for electrical installations. Electrical connections. Conductors.
Students will acquire basic knowledge of sanitation including pre-wall installation, sanitation installations and gas installations, electrical installations and lightning protection. After completing the course the student will be able to design a standard solution of house drainage, water installations, gas installations and their connections, including pipe sizing in relation to the layout and construction of buildings. Students will learn to draw and read technical drawings sanitation installations and gas installations. Student will be able to use this knowledge for complex building design.
Basic knowledge of construction systems of buildings, foundations, vertical, horizontal and roof structures, principles of hydrodynamics, basic theoretical knowledge of direct and alternating current.
Technology of buildings. Building Readiness for installation professions. Coordination of the work on the building.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations. The lectures are given an interpretation problems and model solutions. In practice, students address topics presented on the given building (design, calculations). The practices will be applied to modern teaching methods using interactive presentation.
Forms and criteria of assessment
Compliance with mandatory participation in seminars.
Preparation for seminars and active participation.
The development of the individual parts given an individual project within the specified deadlines.
Attendance at lectures and demonstration of knowledge fulfillment of a composition.
Basics of heating. Building thermo microclimate creation. Heat transfer by heating systems.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Introduction to building services and sanitation installation, criteria for the design of sanitary facilities, facilities for concentrating the installation.
2. Assemblies of fixtures, mounting elements for pre-wall installations, traps, taps and mixers, flushing devices.
3. Basic principles of disposal of waste water from buildings, hydraulics and design of drainage systems, materials for drainage.
4. Branch discharge pipes, discharge stacks and ventilating pipes.
5. Drains, connection drains, cesspools.
6. Control runoff of rainwater, rainwater soakaways, protection against flood water, waste water lifting, pretreatment of wastewater.
7. Basic principles of building water supply, water demand, materials for water installation.
8. The location of water supply pipes, generation of domestic hot water.
9. Water connections, hydraulics and sizing of water installation.
10. Boosting, pressure reduction, water supply from own resources, protection against pollution of potable water, pipe insulation, fire water supply.
11. Types of heating gas, the categories and placement of gas appliances.
12. The basic principles of building gas supply, gas service lines, gas installation pipeworks.
13. Electrical installations in buildings, electrical connections, conductors.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, compulsory
Syllabus of practice
1. Entering, situation, treatment dispositions sanitary facilities.
2. Draft of fixtures.
3. Pipes and accessories of drainage - laboratory of building services, drawings of building services.
4. Sizing pipe drainage systems.
5. Floor plans, developed cuts of branch discharge pipes and discharge stacks.
6. Floor plan of foundations and drainage connection, developed cuts of drains including pipe connections.
7. Pipes and accessories of water installation – laboratory of building services, calculation of water demand.
8. Floor plans (water installation) and water connections, isometric scheme of water installation.
9. Longitudinal profile of water connection, pipe sizing of water installation
10. Proposal water heater.
11. Design and installation of gas appliances, floor plans (gas installation) and gas service line, isometric scheme of gas installation.
12. Longitudinal profile gas service line, gas installation sizing.
13. Submission project, credit.