Academic Year 2023/24
BIA001 course is part of 4 study plans
BPC-SI / VS Summer Semester 1st year
BPC-MI Summer Semester 1st year
BKC-SI Summer Semester 1st year
BPA-SI Summer Semester 1st year
Testing methods of physical-mechanical properties and durability with focus on destructive methods. Basic deformational characteristics of building materials and their monitoring.
Properties of building materials: stone, aggregate, binder, concrete, mortar, building ceramics, metal, timber, high molecular matters, bitumens, insulating materials, composite materials.
Practical laboratory tests of selected building materials with individual tasks for individual students including elaboration of records about the tests.
2. Structure and properties of building materials.
3. Determination of properties, testing and determination of properties of building materials.
4. Building rock, aggregate and rock products.
5. Binders and mortar I.
6. Binders and mortar II.
7. Concrete, special types of concrete and concrete products I.
8. Concrete, special types of concrete and concrete products II.
9. Silicates, silicate products and glass.
10. Timber, timber products and construction.
11. Steel, metals and non-ferrous metals.
12. Polymers , other building materials, materials and products.
13. Asphalts, tars and road construction materials.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory