Building Constructions 3
Academic Year 2023/24
BHA023 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-EVB Winter Semester 2nd year
2. Warm flat roofs: Design principles, drainage specifics, material variants, roofing layers.
3. Cold flat roofs: Design principles, drainage specifics, material variants, roofing layers, design of ventilation. Truss girders.
4. Purlin roof trusses: Classification, carpentry joints, design of valleys and gables. Design of monopitch roofs.
5. Modern roof trusses. Composition of roofing above attic spaces.
6. Most common roofing materials: design and application.
7. Tinsmith works and products. Assembly details of flat and pitched roofs.
8. Assembly details of warm and cold flat roofs, pitched roofs, and roof claddings.
9. Assembly details of warm and cold flat roofs, pitched roofs, and roof claddings.
10. Building envelope: Terminology, functions, design principles and boundary conditions.
11. Envelope walls: Design principles of single-leaf sandwich walls with external (or internal) positioning of thermal insulation. Materials and construction processes applied in external thermal insulating composite systems (gluing, anchoring and rendering).
12. Envelope walls: Design principles and materials of single-leaf walls.
13. Lightweight metal-plastic curtain walls: Classification, application, materials and anchoring.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory