Management of Construction Contracts
Academic Year 2023/24
NWA027 course is part of 1 study plan
NPC-SIR Winter Semester 2nd year
2. Organization of construction companies with an emphasis on production divisions, specialised production centres.
3. Management and organisation of work on construction sites, duties and competencies of heads of economic centres and operations management.
4. Obligations, participants in a construction process, their mutual relationships, competencies and duties, the tendering procedure as regards public tenders, selection of sub-contractors, contracts to perform work, and other kinds of agreements used in the construction industry.
5. Production plan, analysis and evaluation of resources, administrative and substantive materials for the management of construction sites, production documentation.
6. Pre-production, production and operational preparation work carried out by contractors, background materials for operational plans, connection to production calculations and accounts keeping.
7. Handing over and acceptance of a building site, duties of participants during this activity, materials and documents needed for the handover, outputs, handing over of the work with regard to the client and to sub-contractors, documents necessary for the handing over of the final product and its subsequent final inspection and use, partial and final billing for a construction site, list of jobs, services and deliveries, fact-finding report.
8. Site manager’s agenda, documents kept by the contractor during work on a construction site, keeping of a construction site diary, alteration work, invoicing, monitoring of work progress at the construction site.
9. Inspection days at a construction site – administrative and substantive inputs and outputs, cooperation between the contractor and the client in the preparation and execution of the final inspection of the work.
10. Risk factors in the execution of construction work – administrative, safety, qualitative and financial risks, their identification and the options for eliminating them, the activity of the contractor when performing activities in subsidy programmes.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory