Diploma Seminar (R)
Academic Year 2022/23
NWA025 course is part of 1 study plan
NPC-SIR Winter Semester 1st year
The contents of the course are linked to the Specialized Project (R) course. It focuses mainly on the production of documents for a construction technology planning project , with the option of considering the specific features of particular building companies participating in the practical training side of students’ tuition. Emphasis is placed on the modelling of the construction process, and the design of the spatial, technical and time structure of the assigned building project using computer support in order to achieve the optimum construction process. Production of documentation for a building site facilities design project, and documentation for the qualitative, safety and environmental requirements of a construction process.
The course objective is to prepare the students to write a diploma thesis with the contents of construction technology project of the construction contractor by regular consultations with the diploma thesis supervisor.
The output of the Diploma Seminary II (R) course is elaboration of the diploma thesis on the given topic – usually elaboration of workshop drawings for implementation of the given construction, with regular consultations with the leader of the diploma thesis.
Knowledge from the area of structural design and the execution of construction sub-processes, including quality requirements. Modelling of the technical and time structure of construction execution, the production area and the resources needed for construction execution, with the use of computer software. Understanding of economic tools for construction management.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
graded course-unit credit
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
1. Preparation of background documentation, production of technical documentation for an construction technology planning project concerning an assigned construction project.
2. Technical structure of construction site processes, technical standard.
3. Construction technology modelling of the processes involved in the execution of the assigned construction work, a detailed time schedule for construction execution and the coordination of resources needed for construction work, performed using computer software.
4. Budget for a selected part of the assigned construction work prepared with the aid of computer software.
5. Production of a building site facilities design project.
6. Proposal and optimization of the main construction machines to be used onsite.
7. Inspection and test plan for a selected construction sub-process being carried out for a structure under construction.
8. Creation of environmental protection plans and occupational health and safety plans in connection with the construction technology model of the executed structure – taking into consideration ecological and safety regulations during the execution of the assigned construction work.
9. Technical instructions for a construction sub-process, analysis, different variants for its execution, its assessment and evaluation according to optimization criteria.
10. Summary, completion of produced documents created as part of the diploma thesis, completion for the purpose of submission.