NVB025 course is part of 3 study plans
Ing. full-t. program NPC-SIS compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 3 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPA-SIS compulsory Summer Semester 1st year 3 credits
Ing. combi. program NKC-SIS compulsory Summer Semester 1st year 3 credits
Costs. Cost framework. Price information. Cost oriented price setting. Construction costs in Czech Republic. Participants in development. Work agreements. Negotiated prices. Costing aids. Construction costs. Overall cost estimate. Cost indicators of construction objects. Cost of construction object. Construction cost estimate. Data for cost estimate evaluation. Construction works costs. Costs of project preparation and engineering consultancy. Wage laws for engineers and other technical workers. History and evolution of costs in civil engineering in the Czech Republic. Basic knowledge of construction costing in other countries. Software for cost estimates. Prices of immovables.
Students will gain the ability to:
- focus on pricing and types of prices in the Czech Republic,
- orientation in the sort of price information in the construction industry,
- to establish the price of the works in construction,
- calculate the cost of construction work,
- find out the value of building as a property.
Knowledge of technology of constructions and works. Knowledge and skills of fundamentals of business economics, especially of areas of work, material, machines and equipment standartization, wages issues, coding and classification of construction production.
Fundamentals of business economics, technology of structural works.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures, practical classes and self-study assignments. Attendance at lectures is optional, but attendance at classes is compulsory.
Forms and criteria of assessment
The evaluation is complex. Students earn points during the term. The attendance, compile of examples and a written test are scored in the exercise (maximum 50 points). The activity is watched in the lectures during the term. The graded credit consists of a written test of theory (maximum 50 points) and reflects points gained from practice knowledge during the term in excercises (maximum 50 points). The whole maximum is 100 points.
To get knowledge about pricing with respect to knowledge from area of cost calculation and price setting in construction development. To acquire skills by working with cost estimate data and with up-to-date software applications for cost estimation and costing in civil engineering, that are used in construction practice. Basic knowledge about pricing of immovables.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Introduction. Price law. Price system. Price information.
2. Price of constructin. Complex budget of construction.
3. Price of building. Cost estimate of building.
4. Price of building. Systems for cost estimate in CR.
5. Price of building. Systems for cost estimating abroad.
6. Price of building work. Calculation formula. Comparative calculation.
7. Price of architects and engineers activities. Price of cost estimator activity.
8. Price of public order.
9. Price of property. Price law about propery valuation.
10. Price of property. Building. Land. Vegetation. Methods of valuation.
11. Price of property. Cost method of valuation.
13. Price of property. Yield method and comparative method of valuation.
1 hours/week, 13 weeks, compulsory
Syllabus of practice
1.–2. Introduction. Literature. Classifications. The general construction budget.
3.–4. Cost estimate of the building – selected works of main construction works.
5.–6. Cost estimate of the building – selected works of subsidiary construction works.
7.–8. Cost estimate of the building – set up.
9.–10. Calculation of selected construction work.
11.–12. Valuation of property – a model example.
13. Credit test.