Computing Calculation of Concrete Structures
Academic Year 2023/24
NLB026 course is part of 1 study plan
NPC-SIS Winter Semester 2nd year
Modelling structures individually formulated. Modelling framed and flat concrete structures. Formulation of input data and evaluation of the results using computer or graphic method. Dimensioning cross-sections on computer.
Time-dependent analysis of concrete structures. Modelling geometric and physical non-linearity.
To model and to dimension flat and framed structures using computing technology.
To apply a time analysis and geometric and physical non-linearity in design.
• Virtue to utilise selected software for design of concrete structures.
• Virtue for modeling and to dimensionning flat and framed structures using computing technology.
• Virtue to apply time-dependent analysis and geometric and physical non-linearity in design of structures.
2. Rigidity. Modelling of loads. Supporting elements of plane and spatial model. Calculation.
3. Post-processing. Visualisation and evaluation of calculation results.
4. Computational dimensioning of framed concrete structures.
5. Application of time-dependent analysis for framed structures.
6. Modelling of geometric and physical non-linearity of framed structures.
7. Modelling of flat concrete structures. Slab rigidity. Effects of reinforcement. Loads.
8. Modelling of flat concrete structures on subsoil.
9. Computational dimensioning of concrete slab structures.
10. Modelling of geometric and physical non-linearity of slab structures.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory