Selected Chapters from Fire Protection of Buildings
NHB048 course is part of 3 study plans
Ing. full-t. program NPC-SIS compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 4 credits
Ing. full-t. program NPA-SIS compulsory Summer Semester 1st year 4 credits
Ing. combi. program NKC-SIS compulsory Summer Semester 1st year 4 credits
Knowledge deepening of fire protection of buildings, mainly the issue of roofed atriums in civil buildings. Complex solution of non-industrial and industrial buildings, public garages, solutions of specific requirements for health and social service buildings, assembly areas, agricultural buildings, storehouses and telecommunication buildings. Basic knowledge improvement about function and design of fire protection facilities.
Determination of fire and economic hazard.
Requirements for building structure properties.
Determination of fire-unsafe areas.
Function and design of fire protection facilities.
Complex solution of buildings public garages.
Fire protection of buildings - basic knowledge, fire protection of buildings. Theory of building constructions – load-bearing structure systems, vertical and horizontal load-bearing structures, building envelopes, staircases, roofing of buildings, non-loadbearing structure, void infilling elements, floors and surface finishings. Building materials - types and their use in building constructions, specific material properties. Knowledge of urban, architectonic-dispositional, material and constructional design of buildings, especially civil and housing buildings.
Suggest of element mtal and concrete construction. Reconstruction and modernization of buildings.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
The acquired knowledge is aplicated during the completion of a project documentation.
Forms and criteria of assessment
Attendance to practice of the subject, the successful completion of two tests and submission of graphics work.
The aim of this course is to be student ability to design a complete fire protection solution of a building - design procedure and analysis of non-industrial and industrial buildings, including: method determination of fire and economic hazard, requirements for building structure properties, design of escape ways, determination of fire-unsafe areas, fire-fighting equipment.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Revision: Laws of fire protection, technical standards and codex FP, basic terminology.
2. Design of escape ways in balcony houses, fire protection design of roofed atriums.
3. Health and social service buildings, assembly areas, changes of buildings.
4.–5. Design procedure and FP analysis of industrial buildings. Differences in assessment of industrial and non-industrial buildings. Classification of construction systems and construction parts. Fire and economic hazard. Fire hazard determination, simplified and detailed procedure.
6. Fire sections and areas without a fire hazard. Fire protection level. Fire partitions. Fire strips. Requirements for fireproof constructions and their certificates.
7. Escape ways – types and number of ways, design and realization.
8. Safe distances. Technical equipments. Fire-fighting equipments. Fire water supply.
9. Garage assessment – specific requirements for public garages, agricultural buildings, telecommunication buildings. Storehouses.
10. Knowledge deepening about design and function of fire-fighting equipments (exhaust of heat and smoke, automatic extinguishing equipment, electric fire signalisation).
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, compulsory
Syllabus of practice
1. Design procedure and FP analysis of industrial buildings.
2. Fire hazard determination, simplified and detailed procedure.
3. Escape ways – types and number of ways, design and realization.
4. Garage assessment - specific requirements for public garages.
5. Design of fire-fighting equipments (exhaust of heat and smoke, automatic extinguishing equipment, electric fire signalisation).