Communication and Rhetorics
Academic Year 2023/24
GZ53 course is part of 1 study plan
B-P-C-GK / GI Winter Semester 3rd year
2. Social psychology and its place in personal life. Psychological terminology. Memory, speech and mind.
3. Methods of psychological and communication research. Dialog, questionnaire, anamnesis. Education and self-education. The influence of environment on personality.
4. Personality, general questions and structure of personality. Temperament and character. Types of personality.
5. Development and formation of the personality. Age periods of the personality development. Biological and sociological determination of the personality.
6. Communication and rhetorics nowadays, its using in proffesional praxis and personal life.
7. Principles of good public speech. Diction-respiration, phonation, articulation.
8. Preparation of the content and from of the speech-principles of communication between people.
9. Language and stylistic means. Speaker. The Czech language in speech.
10. Body language-facial expression, gestures, positions.
11. Segmentation of the speech. Quality of the public speech. Ways to stress-managing.
12. The most common spoken and written discourses in practical life. Monologues and dialogues.
13. Practical use of the gained knowedge and experience by means of self-reflexion test in the from of so called public speech using video.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective