Computer Science II
Academic Year 2022/23
GU51 course is part of 2 study plans
B-P-C-GK Summer Semester 1st year
B-K-C-GK Summer Semester 1st year
Basic rules for creating lectures and presentations.
Image information and its format, integration capabilities in presentation techniques.
Languages ​​for describing the content and format of the document.
Basics of application protocol HTTP and WWW Internet service.
The markup language HTML, elements and their attributes. Advanced use of CSS in the document.
Basics of XML and its tools. XSLT style sheet.
Standard document formats, MIME extension, analysis and opportunities for mutual conversion.
Preparation of the Internet presentation of heterogeneous materials.
Basics of presentation techniques. Overview of Internet technologies, Internet authoring skill.
Overview of Internet technologies, Internet authoring and presentation skills
User knowledge of operating system, basics of computer networks.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
1. Basic rules for creating presentations and lectures.
2. Making presentations suitable for direct lecturing.
3. Used data formats and their interconversion.
4. Basic application protocols and Internet services.
5.-6. Markup language HTML.
7. Advanced language features, inserting objects, new elements in the HTML 5.0 standard
10. Using of cascading style sheets for consistent appearance and behavior.
11. Introduction to XML, data formatting by XSLT, structured data in Internet.
12.-13. Design of individual presentation with management of navigation and dynamic elements.