Academic Year 2022/23
GE51 course is part of 2 study plans
B-P-C-GK Summer Semester 1st year
B-K-C-GK Summer Semester 1st year
Basic concepts of database technology, ANSI/SPARC levels, data models, architecture of database systems (DBS).
Coceptual modelling, E/R diagrams,languges of relation DBS, SQL language.
Relational data model, theory of dependence.
Interior data organization, indexing, hashing.
Security and integrity of data, trigery.
Distributed DBS, architecture client- server, current trends of database technology development, postrelation systems.
Databases in GIS. Database systems Mircosoft Access, Oracle SQL plus.
Theory of relation database systems. Creation tables of relations, queries. Basic of SQL language.
Ability to design a single database in MS Access.
Handling with personal computers
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
• fundamental terms of database technology
• E/R diagrams, relational database languages, SQL.
• relational data model, theory of dependence, normal forms.
• Internal data organization, indexing, hashing.
• Security and data integrity, triggers, transactions
• Database in GIS
• Database systems Mircosoft Access, Oracle, SQL plus