Sewerage Systems - town drainage
DP62 course is part of 4 study plans
Ph.D. full-t. program nD > VHS compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 8 credits
Ph.D. combi. program nDK > VHS compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 8 credits
Ph.D. full-t. program nDA > VHS compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 8 credits
Ph.D. combi. program nDKA > VHS compulsory-elective Winter Semester 2nd year 8 credits
The subject deals in detail with drainage of urbanized areas considering the hydrologic, hydraulic and other aspects – especially the structural and technological problems of sewerage system constructions. Materials of sewerage systems. Sewerage systems reliability and control. Basic standards for design, modelling and control of urbanized area drainage. This subject is globally focused on water management (design, construction, legislation, engineering work).
Hydraulics, Hydrology, Engineering nets, Chemistry and Water Technology, Sewerage
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
The subject bears informations on sewerage net and about drainage of urbanized areas. Object introduce with procedure design of sewerage systems and with related legislative and with problems at build-up sewerage systems. Next subject bears with detailed processing of calculation for proposal dimensions of sewerage systems.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
3 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1) Introduction to the problems and meet with the topics and basic concepts
2) Sorts of sewerage systems and their schematics
3) Assesment of design discharge of sewerages
4) Assesment of design discharge of rainy sewerage water and processing udometric data
5) Hydraulics - summary axiom for non-pressure streaming
6) Pipe materials of sewerage networks and objects on sewerage networks
7) Sewer connections, overfow and rainy basin
8) Verification of watertightness on sewerage networks
9) Servicing and maintenance of sewerage networks
10) Non-traditional means of sewers (pressure, vacual and small-profile sewerage)
11) Build-up of sewerage networks
12) Reconstruction of sewerage networks
13) Information about examinations, reserve, exercise in examine problems