Traffic Structures Theory
DMB020 course is part of 4 study plans
Ph.D. full-t. program DPC-K compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 8 credits
Ph.D. combi. program DKC-K compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 8 credits
Ph.D. full-t. program DPA-K compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 8 credits
Ph.D. combi. program DKA-K compulsory-elective Summer Semester 1st year 8 credits
Theory of traffic, transport systems, traffic networks. Problems to be solved in traffic network. Nonlinear dynamic phenomena in traffic flow. Simulation of traffic and constructional problems.
Understanding the principles and purpose of doctoral studies. Menaning of the terms science and theory. Identification of the theoretical fundamentals for the field of interest of PhD. students. Methods of scientific argumentation.
Traffic engineering, algorithm development, fundamentals of physics, fundamentals of numerical mathematics.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Theoretical basis of traffic phenomena, theoretical instruments for effective traffic control.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
3 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Subject of the traffic theory, concepts, methodology.
2. Transport systems, concepts of system theory.
3. Traffic network, graph theory.
4. Problems to be solved in traffic network, used algorithms.
5. Traffic flow, its characteristics , fundamental diagrams.
6. Kinematics of traffic flow, conservation law, wave propagation.
7. Stacionary models of traffic flow.
8. Microscopic and macroscopic models, simulation of traffic flow.
9. Nonlinear dynamic models, their generic characteristics, nonlinear effects, nonlinear fundamental diagrams.
10. Spontaneous congestion formation, emergence of congestion in traffic flow.
11. Visualisation of important phenomena in traffic flow.
12. Simulation of real traffic situations.
13. Traffic flow control.