Soil and Structure Interaction
Academic Year 2023/24
DFB022 course is part of 4 study plans
DPC-K Summer Semester 1st year
DPA-K Summer Semester 1st year
DKC-K Summer Semester 1st year
DKA-K Summer Semester 1st year
- perfectly plastic,
- elastoplastic (Hardening soil model, Cam clay model)
- hypoplastic for fine grained soils (Clay - Masin model, Sand - von Wolffersdorff),
- Multilaminate Model.
Influence of water:
- drained/ undrained conditions,
- stationary / non-stationary flow.
2. Overview of soil material models.
3. Plastic behavior of geomaterials. Perfectly plastic material models.
4. Hardening soil model.
5. Cam Clay model.
6. Multilaminate model – 1st part.
7. Multilaminate model – 2nd part
8. Hypoplastic model for fine-grained soils.
9. Hypoplastic model for coarse-grained soils.
10. Drained versus undrained analysis.
11. Consolidation analysis.
12. Modeling the flow of water in the soil – stationary.
13. Modeling the flow of water in the soil – non-stationary.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 3 hours/week, elective