Computer Science for Architects
BUA016 course is part of 1 study plan
Bc. full-t. program BPC-APS compulsory Winter Semester 3rd year 1 credit
Introduction to modern techniques of presentation of architectural design with an emphasis on processing raster graphics and to the guiding principles for the design of printed and online presentations with an emphasis on composition and image content. Practical examples of global and local editing of a raster image, retouching, inserting texts into a raster image, work in layers, creating simple photomontages, work with color and alpha channels, with masks, with tools for geometric transformations. Practical examples of the use of a photorealistic montage in the final phase of model visualisation. Individual work demonstrating that a student has mastered the main principles of processing a raster image and of creating presentation documents. Work in Adobe Photoshop.
Introduction to modern techniques of presentation of architectural design with an emphasis on processing of raster graphics.
Getting skills for creating a photorealistic assembly in Adobe Photoshop.
Getting knowledge of guiding principles for the design of printed and online presentations with an emphasis on image composition and content.
Understanding the basics of photography with an emphasis on photography of architecture (exterior, interior).
The final phase of model visualization, completing visualization in a raster graphics editor.
Advanced knowledge of 2D ad 3D modelling, Internet technologies, basics of computer graphics.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through practical classes and self-study assignments. For self-study is LMS Moodle with textbooks and task assignments created. The course is supplemented by the prezentation of photography especially photography of architecture.
Attendance at classes is compulsory.
Forms and criteria of assessment
Conditions for obtaining of credit:
1. Participation activity in seminars.
2. Individual project, which is specified:
- creating a photomontage with any theme, demonstrating mastery of basic techniques for working with raster graphics.
- creating a leaflet A4 that contains text and pictorial documentation of the procedure for creating photomontages and should demonstrate that student has mastered the main principles for creating presentation documents.
Infrastructure of multimedia presentations of architectural design
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, compulsory
Syllabus of practice
1.Introduction to work with raster graphics.
Adobe Photoshop and its user interface. Basic editing raw images: color adjustments, image size and resolution .
2. Image layers.
Main principles of image processing for printed and electronic documents.
3. Image color channels.
Retouching bitmap, painting and retouching tools.
4., 5. Working in a part of a picture: local editing, creating a simple photomontage. Tools for selecting image areas, combinations of selections, more accurate selection border. Creating photomontages.
6. Vector graphics in Photoshop – paths, converting paths to selection borders.
7. Inserting objects to an image, light in the image, creating a contact and drop shadows.
8. Channels: color channels, alpha channels, Quick Mask mode.
Masking of layers .
9., 10. Geometric transformations in an image. Working with perspective. Vanishing Point Filter .
11. The final phase of model visualization, rendering, export from 3D modelers, inserting the model into real photo.
12. Basics of photography, photography of architecture. Consult of individual works.
13. Test, credit.