Computer Science for Architects
Academic Year 2022/23
BUA016 course is part of 2 study plans
stud.semestr.null 1st year
BPC-APS Winter Semester 1st year
Introduction to modern techniques of presentation of architectural design with an emphasis on processing raster graphics and to the guiding principles for the design of printed and online presentations with an emphasis on composition and image content.
Practical examples of global and local editing of a raster image, retouching, inserting texts into a raster image, work in layers, creating simple photomontages, work with color and alpha channels, with masks, with tools for geometric transformations.
Practical examples of the use of a photorealistic montage in the final phase of model visualisation.
Individual work demonstrating that a student has mastered the main principles of processing a raster image and of creating presentation documents.
Work in Adobe Photoshop.
Infrastructure of multimedia presentations of architectural design
Advanced skills in raster image processing and internet presentation design
1. Introduction into the course, computer net of the faculty
2. Basic principles of data presentation
3. Computer networks---basic principles, protocols and services
4. Internet services, electronic mail service and file transfer service
5. WWW -- basic principles, protocol
6. Introduction into HTML
7. Document preparation in HTML, tables, figures and references
8. Computer network security from technical and user point of view
9. Introduction into computer graphics
10. Color models, palettes, raster and vector graphics
11. Graphic file formats, its use and conversion
12. Computer aided processing of documents, basics of typography
13. Software for text processing
Advanced knowledge of 2D ad 3D modelling, Internet technologies, basics of computer graphics.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site