Academic Year 2023/24
BSA001 course is part of 3 study plans
BPC-SI / VS Winter Semester 2nd year
BKC-SI Winter Semester 2nd year
BPA-SI Winter Semester 2nd year
Water courses regulations, flood control, weirs, water courses restoration. Water abstraction from water courses, artificial channels, waterways, water reservoirs. Construction, arrangement and use of water reservoirs, ponds and purpose reservoirs. Watershed protection,land consolidation. Landscape restoration,landscape water management. Irrigation, drainage, municipal engineering, catchment of water sources. Water supply, water treatment, water reservoirs and water towers. Sewerage, sewage water treatment, sludge management, sewage water treatment plants, waste disposal, landfills. Balneology, water management research.
2. Open water reservoirs, dams and water-power utilization.
3. Weirs, water withdrawal from watercourses, waterways and navigation.
4. Watercourses, their development and treatment, torrent control.
5. Basic concepts and relations of hydraulics – physical properties of liquids, hydrostatic and body filling, hydrodynamics.
6. Basic concepts and relations of hydraulics – steady pressure flow, flow of water in open channels, overflows.
7. Basic concepts and relations of hydraulics – outlet through the hole, energy height of the cross section (water jump), flow of groundwater.
8. Hydrology, water cycle in nature, measurement of climatic variables, hydrology of reservoirs.
9. Ponds and purpose reservoirs, flood control, dikes.
10. Irrigations, drainage, watershed protection.
11. Municipal engineering.
12. Drinking water supply, treatment and transport of water, balneotechnology.
13. Sewerage and sewage water treatment.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory