Academic Year 2023/24
BS001 course is part of 2 study plans
B-K-C-SI (N) / VS Winter Semester 2nd year
B-P-C-SI (N) / VS Winter Semester 2nd year
Water courses regulations, flood control, weirs, water courses restoration. Water abstraction from water courses, artificial channels, waterways, water reservoirs. Construction, arrangement and use of water reservoirs, ponds and purpose reservoirs. Watershed protection,land consolidation. Landscape restoration,landscape water management. Irrigation, drainage, municipal engineering, catchment of water sources. Water supply, water treatment, water reservoirs and water towers. Sewerage, sewage water treatment, sludge management, sewage water treatment plants, waste disposal, landfills. Balneology, water management research.
2. Dikes, weirs
3. River dams.
4. Flood control, navigation, water-power utilization
5.-7. Basic terms, relations and calculations in hydraulics and water management
8. Ponds and purpose reservoirs, watershed protection
9. Drainage and irrigations
10. River and reservoirs restoration, water purity, self-purification process
11. Municipal engineering, waste management.
12. Drinking water supply, balneotechnology
13. Sewerage and sewage water treatment.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory