Selected Problems of Design and Realization of Metal and Timber Structures
Academic Year 2023/24
BO055 course is part of 1 study plan
B-P-C-SI (N) / K Summer Semester 4th year
Composite steel-concrete beams – ultimate limit states, serviceability limit states of composite steel-concrete beams.
Composite steel-concrete beams – basis of design of shear connection.
Composite steel-concrete columns – basis of structural design of composite steel-concrete columns.
Glued laminated timber structures. Design principles, basic calculation, applications.
Assembly connections of timber structures with metal timber fasteners. Design principles, basic calculation.
Reinforcing of elements and connections of timber structures.
Design of timber structures – structural fire design. Behaviour of timber elements and connections during the fire, rules for analysis of structural members, basic design calculation.
Design of connections of timber structures – structural fire design, basic design calculation.
2. Steel-concrete beams – ultimate limit state, serviceability limit state (basic principles of design).
3. Steel-concrete beams – shear connection (types, basic principles of design).
4. Steel-concrete columns – basic principles of design and structural detailing.
5. Steel-concrete structural members – basic principles of fire design.
6. Timber beams – types, basis of design, static analysis.
7. Glue laminated timber structures – design principles, static design, basic structural compositions.
8. Assembly connections of timber structures with metal timber fasteners – design principles, basic calculation.
9. Design of timber structures – structural fire design. Behaviour of timber elements during the fire.
10. Design of timber structures – rules for analysis of structural members, basic design calculation; behaviour of connections of timber elements during the fire, basic design calculation.
11. Practical application of steel-concrete structural members and components; practical application of timber structural members and parts; examples of realized constructions.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory