Design of Concrete Structures
Academic Year 2023/24
BL054 course is part of 1 study plan
B-P-C-SI (N) / K Summer Semester 4th year
Modelling load-bearing structures on computer. Software for dimensioning, drawings of shapes and reinforcement and for solution of load-bearing structures. Practical application. Training programme data for solution of selected problems.
Utilise computing systems for concrete structures design.
Desing of individual structural reinforced concrete or prestressed member.
• Knowledge about details and special cases in dimensioning and design of concrete load-bearing structures.
• Virtue to utilise computing systems for concrete structures design.
• Virtue for desinging individual structural reinforced concrete or prestressed member.
2. Scale and subject of concrete structure design – project documentation (types, technical report, static calculation, drawings).
3. Details and specific cases in dimensioning of masonry, reinforced concrete and prestressed members.
4.- 5. Details and specific cases in design of structural and civil engineering, load-bearing structures and elementary bridge structures.
6. Software for dimensioning and drawings of profile and reinforcement and for load-bearing structures design.
7.- 8. Modelling of the civil and structural engineering load-bearing structures and elementary bridge structures on computer.
9.– 11. Design of selected reinforced and prestressed structural member.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory