Selected Chapters of Building Materials Technology
Academic Year 2023/24
BJB023 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-SI / M Summer Semester 4th year
The subject summarizes the present knowledge concerning the main technological processes of building materials production. There are discussed the properties of raw materials, the raw materials treatment and processing, possibilities of ecologic utilization of industrial wastes and secondary raw materials, main chemical and technological processes of building materials production, technical parameters, technical parameters of machinery, demands on technical checking of technological processes and the testing of products. Information concerning the topical knowledge of research and development in the field of building materials progressive manufacturing technologies. Possibilities of increasing the effectiveness of processes and of improving the utility properties of products.
The lectures are accompanied with tutorials having laboratory and calculation character. Within the scope of practical exercises an experiments in accordance with the normative documents and legislative directives are also carried out in relation to the common civil engineering. Students meet with most of the laboratory analysis for the first time.
2. Raw materials for the production of building materials, classification.
3. Raw materials sources, exploitation, treatment, processing.
4. Main chemico – technological processes of building materials production.
5. Technical parameters of machinery.
6. Demands on technical control of technological processes.
7. Testing of products, methods, necessary equipments, tests evaluation.
8. Relevant legislation concerning the wastes, the present state of production and of wastes processing. Testing of wastes properties.
9. Properties of ecological utilization of industrial wastes and secondary raw materials. Familiarization with already produced materials based on wastes.
10. Monitoring of building materials containing secondary raw materials durability.
11. Recent information concerning the research and development in the area of building materials progressive technologies.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory