Bachelor Seminar (M)
Academic Year 2022/23
BJA017 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-SI Summer Semester 1st year
The seminar prepares students methodologically and professionally for working on their theses.
The subject includes the introductory lecture, in which the students are familiarized with the conditions of the Insitute’s laboratories, work safety and with the time schedule of experimental work with respect to the class capacity.
In further course of time each student works independently: they obtain technical literature and standards according to the focus of the research, they acquaint themselves with technical parameters of laboratory equipment and with operating special devices.
Next follow laboratory works according to individually set tasks. The methodological approaches are consulted with respective supervisors in the same way as the performance of laboratory works. The course garant and the teachers make sure the course progress is coordinated with the progress in bachelor theses, as well as checking the working order of the laboratory devices.
The students will improve their knowledge and skills connected with problems of their bachelor´s dissertation.
The student would manage the goal of the subject by acquiring knowledge and skills related to the problems of a given bachelor thesis.
Basic methods of preparation, processing and testing of building materials. Working with technical literature and standards.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
1. The operation conditions in the Institute laboratories, operation of equipment. Work safety in laboratories of the Institute.
2. Methods of experimental work, timetable.
3. Methods of processing information from special literature.
4. Securing raw materials, raw material treatment, test preparation.
5. Preparation of test specimens, test procedures, evaluation of results.
6. Independent preparation of test specimens, tests, continuous evaluation.
7. Independent preparation of test specimens, tests, continuous evaluation.
8. Independent preparation of test specimens, tests, continuous evaluation.
9. Tests, continuous assessment. Evaluation of obtained data, interpretation and discussion of results.
10. Processing the results of the seminar work, consultations, conclusions.
11. Consultations, conclusions. Completion of the seminar work.