Technology of Building Elements
Academic Year 2023/24
BJA013 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-SI / M Summer Semester 3rd year
The main production system of building elements and the subsystems classification of by-production. Unloading, transport and storing of materials – aggregates, powder materials, steel, half - finished products and admixtures in concrete. Steel reinforcement manufacture - straightening, cutting, welding, reinforcement baskets manufacture.
Concrete mixture preparation - dosing of components, conveying of fresh concrete, recycling of fresh concrete. Preparation of manufacturing moulds- moulds and moulds parts design. Special moulds.
Preparation of moulds for further operations - cleaning, separation paintings, moulds rectifying, prestressing of reinforcement.
Forming and compacting – storing of concrete mixture and reinforcement, compacting, acceleration of concrete hardening, final treatment of shaping, storing, dispatching.
Prestressed concrete elements - prestressing methods, kinds and utilization of prestressed elements.
Surface treatment of elements. Ceramic - concrete elements. Products for canalization, pavement, other concrete products manufactured by pressing-, vibrating- and centrifuging technology.
Vibrating compacting technology and pressing of building elements.
Manufacture of atypical elements for transport and structural engineering.
2. Division of production procedure systems into subsystems.
3. Subsystems of concrete building components production.
4. Concrete production.
5. Transport of concrete mixtures.
6. Manufacture of reinforcements.
7. Moulds for the manufacture of building components.
8. Reinforcement of concrete building components.
9. Shaping of components.
10. Compacting of concrete components.
11. Manufacture of selected building components.
12. Finishing treatments in shaping.
13. Acceleration of concrete components hardening.Demoulding of hardened components including prestressed components and the storing and treatment of components.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory