Concrete Technology 1
Academic Year 2023/24
BJA007 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-SI / M Winter Semester 3rd year
fresh-concrete. Processing of fresh concrete, form systems and moulds. Compacting of fresh concrete mainly by vibration, other compacting methods. Hardening of concrete: hydration of cement, quick hardening of concrete, concreting in winter, treatment of concrete. The properties of concrete: porosity of the cement stone, coherence with steel, internal tension and deformation, permeability. Mechanical properties of concrete, influencing the concrete strength, deformation properties, water - tightness. The durability of concrete: frost resistance, chemical corrosion of concrete, corrosion of steel. Energetic demands for concrete production, quality control, recycling of concrete.
2. Components of concrete. Aggregates.
3. Components of concrete. Water, cement.
4. Components of concrete. Additives into concrete.
5. Components of concrete. Admixtures to concrete.
6. Reinforcement of concrete.
7. Fresh concrete. Technological relations of concrete composition. Design of concrete composition.
8. Fresh concrete. Processing of fresh concrete.
9. Fresh concrete. Mixing, transport and placing of concrete.
10. Fresh concrete. Forming system and moulds. Compacting of fresh concrete.
11. Concrete. Hardening of concrete. Concrete curing.
12. Concrete. Properties of concrete. Porous structure of cement stone. Micromechanics of concrete.
13. Concrete. Properties of concrete. Strength of concrete. Steel cohesion to concrete. Concrete durability.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory