Concrete Technology – Laboratories
Academic Year 2022/23
BJA006 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-SI Winter Semester 1st year
Basic technological tests of aggregates in accordance with applicable IEC.
The design methods of concrete composition.
Procedures for testing of fresh and hardened concrete theory and practical implementation of the various tests.
Verification of the proposed concrete tests.
Monitoring the impact of water, additives and ratio of coarse and fine aggregates on the properties of fresh and hardened concrete.
Students often attend seminars in teaching laboratories in concrete technology.
The aim of the subject is obtaining practical knowledge about fresh and hardened concrete properties. Acquire test procedures of input components and parameters of fresh and hardened concrete. Practical verification of theoretical design for concrete composition.
The student would manage the goal of the subject by acquiring practical experience on the properties of fresh and hardened concrete. By acquiring the testing procedures of input elements and parameters of fresh and hardened concrete. By practical verification of theoretical proposition for concrete composition.
Theoretical fundamentals of concrete technology, theoretically and practically mastered methods for testing concrete components.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
1. Overview of tests for concrete components, fresh and hardened concrete.
2. Basic technological tests of aggregates.
3. Calculation of aggregates mixing relations, blending of fractions.
4. Design methods for concrete composition.
5. Methods for determining the consistency of fresh concrete.
6. Calculate the composition of concrete for the given class, consistency, type of cement and aggregates.
7. Study trip in a transport-concrete plant.
8. Verification of the basic properties the designed concrete.
9. Checking of water quantity influence in concrete under constant dose of cement on concrete workability and on concrete strength after 7 days of standard hardening.
10. Study of the influence plasticizing additives influence on properties of fresh and hardened concrete.
11. Study of the influence between fine and coarse aggregates on the consistency of fresh concrete and on the strength of hardened concrete.
12. Study of the influence of aerating additives effect on concrete properties.