Building physics 3
Academic Year 2022/23
BHA035 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-EVB Winter Semester 1st year
Energy performance of buildings.
Energy performance of passive houses.
Airborne and impact sound.
Insolation of buildings.
Knowledge of design and composition of building structure, knowledge of thermal engineering, acoustics and daylighting.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
1. Energy performance of buildings – basic acquaintance with selected software, methodology of calculation and evaluation.
2. Energy performance of buildings – imput of the object, software specifications.
3. Energy performance of building – calculation and assessment.
4. Energy performance of building – variant solution of the given building.
5. Energy performance of of passive houses – basic introduction to software, calculation methodology.
6. Energy performance of of passive houses – individual assignment.
7. Calculation of daylighting – legislative requirements, calculation methodology.
8. Calculation of insolation – input of model example, assessment, suitability of design and possible solutions.
9. Calculation of daylighting and insolation – the effect of the variant solution on the energy performance of building.
10. Calculation of airborne sound of structures, requirements, evaluation and optimization of the appropriate structure.
11. Spatial acoustics – introduction of selected software.
12. Spatial acoustics, assignment of the assessed building, simulation of various examples and sources of noise.
13. Spatial acoustics, evaluation, methods of solution.