Project – Building Constructions
Academic Year 2022/23
BHA017 course is part of 2 study plans
BPC-SI Summer Semester 1st year
BPC-MI Summer Semester 1st year
Throughout the practices of this particular course the students are to work on part of the building design documentation for building permit application of an individually assigned building. The drawings and reports they make should respect the latest amendments of Building Code and accompanying decrees as well as the latest standards. The individually assigned building should be a detached or semi-detached house with a simple disposition, and a partial or full basement. Also, it should have at most 2 above ground storeys, whereas the second floor can be replaced by a loft space. While the students are working on the building documentation (drawings, reports) they are to demonstrate their knowledge regarding building construction, structural mechanics, building physics, … - therefore the knowledge they obtained by studying at the university. Albeit that’s not all, with this approach the students will acquire some skills helpful for them into the future. In general, some skill related to individual work or work in groups.
The target of subject is to inform students about drawing in building constructions and variant material solution by simply building construction (family house) to use their knowledges in traversed building constructions, static building constructions, thermal-technics and acoustic characteristics and typology of buildings.
The target is to complete this simply building to present it for building licence.
Student is able to design the complex project of a simple buidling and its constructions and technical drawings in accordance of the technical standard requirements.
It is assumed that the student has at the beginning of the subject knowledge from building constructions and computer graphics. At the same time knowledge of the fundamentals of constructive geometry, structural mechanics, statics of building structures, elasticity and plasticity, soil mechanics, the design of foundations and the design of concrete, metal and wooden constructions are expected.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
graded course-unit credit
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 4 hours/week, compulsory
1. Introduction to practices. Building design documentation decree – A Primary accompanying report. B – Summary technical report.
2. Building documentation decree – C Site and block plans.
3. Location plan. Site plan. Block plan.
4. Plans of each floor. In case of 4 and multi-storey buildings at least 3 floor plans are to be drawn (1st basement, 1st above ground floor and last floor).
5. Formwork drawing of 2NP floor and roof / attic space.
6. Roof construction drawing (flat or pitched roof) – plan and sections.
7. Foundation plan drawing.
8. Stairway design. Supplementing the floor plans by stairway.
9. Simplified thermo-technical analyses of structures (1x wall composition, 1x floor composition).
10. Longitudinal and transversal section.
12. Primary accompanying report.
13. Submission and final evaluation of presented work.