Mathematical Modeling of Geotechnical Constructions
Academic Year 2023/24
BF054 course is part of 1 study plan
B-P-C-SI (N) / K Summer Semester 4th year
To learn to utilise selected software for design of geotechnics structures.
2. Continuum mechanics – summarization, review of numerical methods.
3. Introduction to the finite element method.
4. Review of soil constitutive models. Linear, non-linear elasticity.
5. Introduction to the plastic behavior of geomaterials.
6. Ideally plastic constitutive models.
7. Elastic – plastic constitutive models with hardening.
8. Undrained versus drained analysis, consolidation analysis.
9. Theory and modeling of earth retaining structures I (gravity walls, cantilever embedded walls).
10. Theory and modeling of earth retaining structures II (propped, anchored walls, reinforced earth walls).
11. Theory and modeling of embankments and cuts.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory