Bachelor Seminar (K-GTN)
Academic Year 2022/23
BF052 course is part of 3 study plans
B-P-C-SI (N) Summer Semester 1st year
B-K-C-SI (N) Summer Semester 1st year
B-P-E-SI (N) Summer Semester 1st year
The seminar is aimed at preliminary work and completion of bachelor project.
Choice of basic geotechnical and structural parameters in relation to specific themes of bachelor project.
Requirements for the preparation of the thesis.
To teach the students safe and economical design of building foundations at difficult geotechnical conditions, choice of optimum technological process.
Student will master the aim of the object - safe and economical design of building foundations at difficult geotechnical conditions, choice of optimum technological process.
Types of foundation soils, properties of soils, limit states theory, foundation structures, underground structures, earth structures, basic principles of structural mechanics, theory of strength and elasticity, structure design of steel and concrete.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
1. Introduction to complex bachelor´s project.
2. Problems of bachelor´s seminary project solution.
3. Assignment of individual undergraduate project.
4. Identification of factors influencing interaction design and environment.
5. Conception of solving.
6. Alternatives of solution and selection of suitable alternatives.
7. Analysis of the final state.
8. Individual consultations.
9. Individual consultations. Presentation.
11. Conclusion. Credit.