Academic Year 2023/24
NWB024 course is part of 1 study plan
NPC-SIR Summer Semester 1st year
2. Logistics chains – principles and creation of chains. Logistics of tangible and intangible flows – material, information and financial flows. Analysis and reciprocal links. Logistics decomposition of a real corporate structure. Interaction of logistics and production management.
3. Mathematical methods of logistics. Modelling and simulation. The use of simulation programmes.
4. Decision-making processes in practice – relationships between decision making and management. The role of the Chinese postman and Travelling salesman problems. Their use in civil engineering practice – the management of building site operations and the supplying of construction work.
5. Operational research - principles and methods. Linear programming and its practical application.
6. The basics of graph theory. The basics of game theory. The fundamentals of queueing theory and its use in the operation of construction site equipment.
7. Practical tasks and objectives of logistics in business. Use of logistics in the system by which construction processes are managed.
8. Logistics and decision-making functions in the area of the management of building site equipment operation – the provision and management of supplies (warehouses), methods: KANBAN, Just In Time.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory