3D data collection and processing
Academic Year 2022/23
NEA036 course is part of 1 study plan
NPC-GK Summer Semester 1st year
Determination of coordinates of control points and check points.
Acquisition of photogrammetric images and camera calibration, image orientation, and creation of a 3D point cloud and mesh model.
Acquisition of laser scans, registration in the point cloud, coloring, georeferencing into the S-JTSK, and Bpv.
Creation of a total point cloud and 3D mesh model, optimization of the mesh model topology.
Analysis of the accuracy of the resulting model with the help of control points and a reference cloud.
Publication and transmission of results, including quality assessment.
Advanced knowledge of methods of geodetic measurements and coordinate calculations. Basic knowledge of 3D laser scanning technology. Basic knowledge of photogrammetric methods and procedures for acquisition and processing of digital images.
Fundamentals of Programming, Interactive Graphic Systems, Computer Graphics.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
graded course-unit credit
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 3 hours/week, compulsory
1. Surveying and calculation of coordinates of control and check points, data collection planning.
2. Photogrammetric imagery capturing of the object and camera calibration.
3. Image orientation and creation of 3D point cloud and mesh model.
4. Analysis of accuracy, assessment of methods and factors.
5. Laser scanning, acquisition of laser scans of the object
6. Laser scanning, the connection of laser scans into a point cloud, RGB coloring, color correction, point cloud georeferencing, export
7. Connection of laser and photogrammetric point cloud, decimation, point cloud trimming
8. Mesh model creation, mesh model network optimization, model retopology
9. Differential analysis of individual mesh models, assessment of the model quality
10. Publication of 3D model in various environments, a summary of procedures and quality control of the resulting model, delivery of the results