Specialized project (R)
Academic Year 2022/23
CW017 course is part of 3 study plans
N-P-C-SI (N) Summer Semester 1st year
N-K-C-SI (N) Summer Semester 1st year
N-P-E-SI (N) Summer Semester 1st year
The course summarises the knowledge previously acquired in the Execution of Buildings study specialization. The emphasis is placed on the modelling of the main technical stages of the construction process and on planning the procedure for their execution and the resources needed for them. Production of a time schedule and financial plan for a specific assigned construction project and a design proposal for construction site facilities with regard to qualitative, safety and environmental requirements during construction.
The task of this course is to provide the students with knowledge required for elaboration of pre-production preparation documents based on the particular building or construction, namely especially from the point of view of the building contractor.
The students will master the objective of the Diploma Seminary I (R) course, i.e. they will acquire and extend the knowledge for elaboration of the pre-production preparation documents on the particular building or construction, namely from the point of view of the building contractor.
Knowledge from the area of structural design, construction technology, construction technology planning design, civil engineering software and economic tools for the management of building production.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
graded course-unit credit
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
1. Project assignment (cooperation with an engineering company is acceptable) – according to the student´s specialisation; determination of the scope of the assigned project.
2. Construction technology planning study, execution of the main technical stages of the construction process.
3. Engineering software – bill of quantities, development of a budget proposal for an assigned part of the construction process.
4. Time schedule and financial plan for a construction project according to technical and economic indicators; rough coordination of basic resources .
5. Coordination of sub-contractors.
6. Design of the site facilities to be used, projects for selected site facilities.
7. Design of technical instructions for a selected construction sub-process.
8. Completion of the produced documentation, preparation for submission.