Computer Support in Construction Preparation and Realization 1
Academic Year 2023/24
CW014 course is part of 1 study plan
N-P-C-SI (N) / R Summer Semester 1st year
2. Classification of construction, budgetary and calculation software – acquisition of entry data for the time planning and construction management system.
3. Computer support and modelling of construction planning and execution in the CONTEC system using a construction technology network graph. Output reports as basic documents for the preparation and management of construction execution. Connections and drawing of data from the bill of quantities, budgets and production calculations into construction technology planning projects.
4. Activities in network graphs. Links between activities – construction readiness. Deadline, resource and capacity planning. Cost planning. Operational records. Updating the time schedule. Outputs – graphs of needed resources as documentation for the design of building site facilities.
5. Computer support for linking other documents from the construction technology planning project to the technological analysis and time schedule - inspection and test plans, environmental plans, occupational health and safety plans.
6. Commencement of work using the Microsoft Project programme, settings options, types of tasks, types of limitations.
7. Microsoft Project – structure and creation of a time schedule for construction execution, types of links and their utilisation, updating of the time schedule according to the progress made with ongoing construction.
8. Resource planning in Microsoft Project – definition and management of resources, allocation to tasks, costs. Wide range of possibilities for the creation of output reports.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory