BW005 course is part of 3 study plans
Bc. full-t. program nB > S compulsory Summer Semester 4th year 4 credits
Bc. combi. program nBK > S compulsory Summer Semester 4th year 4 credits
Bc. full-t. program nBA > S compulsory Summer Semester 4th year 4 credits
The subject deals with preparation and manner of construction of buildings and building complexes. It is a complex process involving investment intention, its technical preparation, economic calculations, building permit procedure, building technology preparation and the resulting phase – the construction realisation. The subject dealing with a structure and coordination of preparation, partial and stage building processes into a complete and sophisticated system the result of which is a completed construction building or their assembly, i.e. construction.
After taking the course, the students will be able to deal with the paperwork connected with the construction process. The students will learn from individual models and in the whole complexity to manage the documentation presented to the government procurement discussions, they will be able to complete the requests for commencement of the territorial, construction and approval works. They will also learn to work out the conditions for placing competitive tendering and its objective evaluation; that is, paperwork connected with the government procurement and contractual provision. Students will process the administration necessary for the hand-over of the construction site or the whole finished construction or its parts and they will also learn to acquire the necessary documents. In the other part of the course the students will learn to understand and model various ways of time-planning: bar chart, space-time graph, network graph and their applications on the individual assignments.
Basic knowledge of parties and processes of the construction.
Study of parallel subjects is not required.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
The teaching methodology depends on the applied teaching method and it is described in the article 7 of the Study and Examination Regulations, Brno University of Technology.
The course is divided into lectures, which take place every week and seminars, which take place every two weeks. In the seminars the students are given individual assignments, they elaborate partial solutions and consult their proposals with the teacher. In the lectures, the teacher presents theoretical and practical activi
Forms and criteria of assessment
The conditions for the course completion are: obtaining the credit, which is acquired by attendance to the seminars (one missed class is permitted), student’s activity while consulting the individual assignments, and submitting all the reports on the required topic and with an appropriate layout. The conditions for passing the exam are: obtaining the credit, satisfactory completion of the written and oral parts of the exam.
To teach the student to understand complexity of construction project at the time of preparation, public discussion, realization itself and passing over and utilization of constructions. After passing the subject the student knows rights and obligations of the parties in the construction, he has an overview of on basic regulations related to the construction process and its public discussion, he has basic overview on time and financial planning of constructions and safety risks during the construction realization.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Introduction into the subject - investment policy, investment process and parties to the construction
2. Public hearing - proceedings on the building location, selected activities in construction
3. Tender process, ways of contracting public tenders
4. Modelling of construction production area, principles of construction plants planning
5. Supplier systems in construction, jobs in the production process, acceptance procedure
6. Site construction processes (construction division, production processes, space structure)
7. Modelling of the construction time structure (construction period, time schedule, cyclograph)
8. Methods of network planning (edge network graph, junction network graph), network analysis
9. Price calculation (price of building works, calculation formula, value added tax)
10. Operation control on constructions, production quality, environment protection)
11. Safety and health protection at work, principals of safe execution of works
1 hours/week, 13 weeks, compulsory
Syllabus of practice
1. Introduction to the course, semestral course syllabus, organization instructions. Completion of the data accompanying report, summary report, construction situation and principles of the construction organization according to the regulations about the construction documentation no.62/2013 legal code, sample forms according to regulation 526/2006 legal code and their filling (2 forms).
2. Transfer protocol between the ordering party and the constructor (construction site handover, the building handover), filling out the report and drawing up the list of documents for the handover process of the individual project. Announcement of the competitive tendering, request conditions, offer processing, offers evaluation.
3. Bar chart, cyclograph.
4. Edge and node defined network diagram.