Technology of Constructions 2
Academic Year 2023/24
BW004 course is part of 2 study plans
B-K-C-SI (N) / S Winter Semester 4th year
B-P-C-SI (N) / S Winter Semester 4th year
Principles of the manufacturing, transportation and storage of prefabricated components. Preparedness of the construction site for assembly. Procedures used in the assembly of reinforced concrete and steel structures. Issues connected with interior and finishing processes, principles governing their performance, sequence of activities, preparedness for construction at the place of work, mutual relationships and their coordination. Quality and safety requirements, and requirements with regard to the environment.
2. Assembly of steel structures. Production of structural elements, principles of haulage and storage. Optimisation of assembly methods and procedures.
3. Introduction to issues concerned with interior and finishing processes. Sequence of individual processes, their relationships and coordination.
4. Principles of constructing dividing walls using masonry or glass blocks, or assembled segments/ skeletons.
5. Installation processes. Construction of interior sewage systems. Water and central heating distribution systems. Installation of inner gas duct and air handling distribution systems.
6. Insulation of buildings against water, heat, noise, vibration and chemicals. Flow-charts, readiness for construction, relationships, quality control, tests.
7. Assembly of items for the filling of openings – windows, door panels, locksmith’s products, built-in furniture, etc. Readiness for construction, working procedures, types of anchoring.
8. Surface treatments for building structures – interior and external plasterwork, types, flow-charts.
9. External thermal insulation cladding technology, systems, flow-charts. Quality conditions.
10. Execution of interior and external linings, systems, technical procedures, requirements for construction readiness.
11. Construction of ceiling soffits. Systems, readiness of the base, technical procedures. Time requirements.
12. Laying of floors and paving. Types, material variants. Working procedures, requirements for technical breaks.
13. Paints and coatings for walls, timber and steel structures. Types of paint and coating materials, their classification and applicability.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory