BIM Design 1
Academic Year 2022/23
BUA010 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-EVB Winter Semester 1st year
Introdution to BIM-based building design, where students learn basics of 3D modelling, dimensioning,reporting and preparing of visualisations and print-ready files. Students will also learn how to work with information in BIM model.
Fundamental knowledge of building design and 2D drawing in CAD software.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
1. Introduction to BIM, basics of operating a single comprehensive model.
2. BIM principles, model breakdown, work with elements and creation of floors.
3. Walls: structure and editing.
4. Doors and windows: inserting a description.
5. Floors and ceilings: modelling and editing.
6. Rooms: modelling and scheduling.
9. Terrain, visualization.
10. Dimensions and notes.
11. Bills of quantities: legend of rooms, materials, doors and windows.
12. Design documentation: drawing and editing
13. Introduction to creation of parametric elements.