Data processing and analysis
Academic Year 2022/23
BUA009 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-EVB Summer Semester 1st year
Course is focused on acquiring the ability to process large non-homogeneous data files, to use the tools available for their analysis and to present the results according to typographic and graphics rules.
Technical English basics. Working with MS Word and MS Excel. Working with Google tools (email, cloud storage, calendar).
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
1. Internet security, cloud technologies.
2. Shared documents.
3. Basics of working in spreadsheets.
4. Data verification, data import.
5. Graphical outputs.
6. Database applications in spreadsheets (sorting data, pivot tables, DB data filtering, etc.).
7. Analytical tools: Solver etc.
8. Basics of scripting and efficient data processing.
9. Computer typography.
10. Processing of technical reports: Formulas, tables, pictures, etc.
11. Basics of graphics: Editing images/photos, including them in a document.
12. Complex example.
13. Complex example.