Academic Year 2022/23
BTA020 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-EVB Summer Semester 1st year
Students will acquire knowledge and awareness of the interrelationships between the site, the construction of buildings and environmental technology systems and their impact on the energy performance balance of the building. They will be able to create a conceptual design and will learn how to design selected systems of building services. The output will be a study of the solution of all basic systems of building sevices (sewerage, water supply, gas supply, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, electrical installation) and project design documentation of selected specialization of Building Services.
Plumbing systems, Heating, Air-conditioning and Ventilation on the level of subjects in 2. and 3. grade of bachelor´s study.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
graded course-unit credit
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 3 hours/week, compulsory
1. Design values for heating and ventilation and air-conditioning. Balance evaluation of water management.
2. Calculation of heat balance for winter and summer period.
3-4. Study of basic Building Services systems.
5. Situation of the building in site, engineering networks and Building Services connections.
6-7. Implementation project of selected specialization.
8. Architectural-building part of the project for construction. Solution of selected details of building structures.
9. Architectural-building part of the project for construction. Fire Security Building Solutions.
10. Summary technical report.
11. Presentation of the seminar work including construction solution, Building Services and energy assessment of the assigned building.