Building Services 2
BTA002 course is part of 4 study plans
Bc. full-t. program BPC-SI > spS compulsory Summer Semester 3rd year 5 credits
Bc. full-t. program BPC-MI compulsory Summer Semester 4th year 5 credits
Bc. full-t. program BPA-SI compulsory Summer Semester 3rd year 5 credits
Bc. combi. program BKC-SI compulsory Summer Semester 3rd year 5 credits
Hygrothermal indoor climate. Concept of ventilation and heating buildings. Method for calculation of the design heat load. Heating systems, their features and continuity on internal environment. Determination of the thermal output of radiators and boilers. Design and dimensioning of parts of the system. Central preparation of hot domestic water. Fuel and energy for heating buildings. Heat sources in buildings. Principles of design of boiler rooms, engine rooms and transmission stations. The use of renewable and alternative energy sources and their impact on the classification of buildings.
Student get base of heating systems in building and design for water-based heating systems. After graduation studnet will be able to determine the thermal output and do standard designs of heating systems having in mind layout and construction of buildings. Students will learn to read drawings boiler and engine rooms. He will be able to design and draw a diagram of the boilers connection up to 500 kW. Student will be able to use this knowledge for complex design of buildings.
Heat technical assessment of building structures. Basics of thermomechanics.
Technology of buildings. Building Readiness for installation professions. Coordination of the work on the building.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations. The lectures are given an interpretation problems and model solutions. In practice, students address topics presented on the given building (design, calculations).
Forms and criteria of assessment
Compliance with mandatory participation in seminars.
Preparation for seminars and active participation.
The development of the individual parts given an individual project within the specified deadlines.
Attendance at lectures and demonstration of knowledge fulfillment of a written test and oral composition.
Basics of heating. Building thermo microclimate creation. Heat transfer by heating systems.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Hygrothermal indoor climate and conditions for thermal comfort. Heat transportation theory. Concept of ventilation and heating buildings.
2. Method for calculation of the design heat load.
3. Heating systems and their parts. Divisions and principals of technical solution of heating systems.
4. Heating surfaces. Convective radiators. Floor heating und wall heating.
5. Basic kinds of fuels and energy. Energy sources. Solid fuel boiler rooms.
6. Gas boiler rooms. Chimneys and smoke – flues.
7. Central preparation of hot domestic water. Elements in boiler rooms and engine rooms.
8. Safety devices for heating systems.
9. Hydraulics and sizing of central heating systems, regulation fittings and circulation pumps.
10. Centralized distribution of heat, house station.
11. Direct electric heating and accumulation heating.
12. Heating systems method regulation in buildings.
13. The use of renewable and alternative energy sources and their impact on the classification of buildings.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, compulsory
Syllabus of practice
Overall heat transfer coefficient building construction, preparing of blind matrix for drawing.
Average coefficient of heat transfer, its evaluation, preliminary calculation of heat loss.
Heat losses of individual rooms specified object.
The dings of radiators, drawing of the floor plan, nominal and real performance of radiators.
Pipeline systems in the floor plan, connection scheme of radiators.
Design of heat source for family house and its location. Solution air inlet and flue gas. Diagram of the boilers.
Design of piping distribution system and design of circulation pump. Heat and fuel consumption. Technical report.
Central domestic water preparation.
Gas boiler room to 500 kW - equipment design and layout.
Safety devices for heating systems.
Boiler room ventilation. The connection scheme for boiler room up to 500 kW.
Diagram of connection of transfer station.