Building physics 4
Academic Year 2022/23
BHA038 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-EVB Summer Semester 1st year
Advanced assement of energy performance of buildings.
Hourly, monthly nad annual simulation of energy performance of buildings.
Simulation of indoor environment in buildings.
Knowledge of thermal engineering, building services and assessment of energy performance of buildings.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory
1. Introduction, modeling environment, basics of the selected tool.
2. Imput of geometry of the building with a simple shape with a variant roof design, editing.
3. Entering the wall openings, definition of their properties, design of shielding elements.
4. Structures in contact with soil and their definition.
5. Building services - basic design of cooling, heating and ventilation systems
6. Definition of parameters for calculation, example of annual simulation.
7. Definition of artificial lighting, calculating the energy performance of lighting.
8. Variant solution of the occupancy of building and its influence on the energy performance of building.
9. Influence of the alternative solution of building ventilation on energy performance.
10. Advanced building heating
11. Variant solutions of building structures and building services, monitoring the effect of heat storage properties on energy performance and thermal comfort