Academic Year 2022/23
BHA034 course is part of 1 study plan
BPC-EVB Winter Semester 1st year
The aim of the course is to prepare the student for independent work. Students will learn how to relate the partial knowledge gained from individual subjects. The result is the ability of the student to process the design of the building concept in terms of construction, material, energy, with connection to technical equipment of buildings. The content of the subject is the elaboration of project documentation of the specified object. The output is the project documentation of the design of the new family house with detached house with a workshop including concept of building.
It is assumed that the student has at the beginning of the subjects knowledge from building construction, buildings‘ design, computer graphics and building services. At the same time, the application of knowledge from the fire safety of buildings and knowledge of the fundamentals of constructive geometry, structural mechanics, statics of building structures, elasticity and plasticity, soil mechanics, the design of foundations and the design of concrete, metal and wooden constructions are expected.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
graded course-unit credit
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Offered to foreign students
Not to offer
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 3 hours/week, compulsory
1. Introduction to practices. Building design documentation decree – A Primary accompanying report. B – Summary technical report.
2. Building documentation decree – C Site and block plans.
3. Analysis of the conceptual design of the building services related to the purpose, the structural design of building and the building location
4. to 6. Plans of each floor. In case of 4 and multi-storey buildings at least 3 floor plans are to be drawn (1st basement, 1st above ground floor and last floor).
7. to 9. Design of composition of structure parts, including building physics review.
10. Analysis of the possibilities of utilization of renewable energy resources in building services
11. Location plan. Site plan. Block plan.
12. Technical report, water management analysis
13. Submission and final evaluation of presented work.