Introduction to Buildings‘ Design 1
BHA007 course is part of 3 study plans
Bc. full-t. program BPC-SI > spS compulsory Summer Semester 3rd year 4 credits
Bc. full-t. program BPA-SI compulsory Summer Semester 3rd year 4 credits
Bc. combi. program BKC-SI compulsory Summer Semester 3rd year 4 credits
Methods of building design with the consideration of an architectural concept - building typology and disposition arrangement requirements. Acceptance of valid standards and regulations. The application of architectural and structural design principles, present economic relations, energy efficiency requirements and environmental demands. Design principles for barrier-free civic buildings and their neighbouring outdoor spaces. Design of residential houses is completed in practical classes.
To gain basic knowledge and experience in conceptual work within residential buildings design with regard to artistic and compositional requirements, acquiring and accepting typological principles, norms, regulations and specifications for barrier-free solutions of buildings.
Knowledge of basic bricked, concrete, steel and wooden constructions. Basic demands of building services, thermal protection of buildings and building acoustics.
Gain further knowledge of principles suitable constructions and details. Basic knowledge of thermal protection of buildings, building acoustics and fire safety of buildings.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods are specified in the article 7 of Brno University of Technology rules. Course lectures are accompanied by a presentation of current development projects and realizations. Students have an intranet access to electronic textbooks for the course.
Forms and criteria of assessment
Successful passing of the course requires completion of practice classes with the granting of credit from the subject based on the submission of corrected protocols, the successful completion of written and oral exams.
To gain basic knowledge and experience in conceptional work within the frame of projecting residential buildings with regard to artistic and compositional requirements, acquiring and accepting typological principles, norms, regulations and specifications for barrier-free solutions of buildings and their exteriors, with concurrent use of knowledge from the field of constructions, heat engineering, acoustics and fire protection.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Environment and indoor climate.
2. Design area dependence on tenant physiology.
3. Service regulations. Indoor and outdoor entrance areas.
4. Vertical and horizontal communication areas.
5. Hygienic services and equipment.
6. Barrier-free design of building exteriors.
7. Barrier-free design of building interiors.
8. Residential houses – building disposition and services. Building zones.
9. Residential rooms. House equipment and accessories. Communication zones in buildings.
10. Typological forms of residential houses.
11. Residential house design and assessment with respect to daylighting and overshadow.
12. Reconversion of existing residential building spaces on garages and workshops. Object terrain setting. Building distances.
13. Relation between interior on exterior. Fencing. Complementary architectural design. Lot utilization with open space areas (areas without objects and buildings).
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, compulsory
Syllabus of practice
Task 1: ASSESMENT of present family house min. 4 + 1 – min. from 5 aspects e.g.: http://www.eurolineslovakia.sk/en/designs/single-family-houses/complete-offer.html
- functional structures
- area, cubature (attics)
- stowage space
- sky component
- orientation to point of the compass (situation of a building in terrain)
- ergonomics (kitchen, bathroom, area of communication, cabinet…)
- variety of colour etc…
Output: size A3 – ribbon or ringlet bookbinding
– location, layouts + necessary views (photos)
– text part – compare with rules (recommended literature, lectures…)
Task 2: DESIGN of your ideal dwelling – architectural study:
Family house – min. 4 + 1:
own design – image of perfect family dwelling (without limitation of floors, roofing, placed at an ideal lot and orientation to point of the compass etc.), including furnishing
Output: size A3 – ribbon or ringlet bookbinding – it is possible to integrate with task 1
- layout of location 1 : 200
- layouts of all storeys 1 : 100
- section 1 : 100
- views 1 : 100
- 3D view / perspective
- graphic arrangement – any art - all sheets of papers in unified adjustment, in colours
13th week - CREDIT