Failures and Reconstruction
BH055 course is part of 3 study plans
Bc. full-t. program nB > S compulsory-elective Summer Semester 4th year 4 credits
Bc. combi. program nBK > S compulsory-elective Summer Semester 4th year 4 credits
Bc. full-t. program nBA > S compulsory-elective Summer Semester 4th year 4 credits
It deals mainly about the focus of the present state of the buildings, the construction- technical and historic research, identification of failures by the external symptoms and basic methods for their removal. The subject deals with the creation of the drawing documentation of reconstructed buildings. Students will learn about the development of building industry laws in Bohemia and Moravia and about building construction systems and principles at of standards and design regulations.
In frame of education, students will learn how to find solutions in the field of reconstruction and modernization of buildings to subject him analyze and use for a particular case in order to avoid errors which may commit when designing buildings. Students will be prepared to design changes and adaptations in existing buildings not only to improve the environment and functional recovery, but also with regard to economic efficiency of operation of the building.
Partition, drawing and designing of building constructions, concrete and masonry constructions, metal and wooden constructions, building equipment, building technology and control.
Partition, drawing and designing of building constructions, principal knowledge of building heat engineering, acoustics and illumination, building equipment, building technology and control.
Planned educational activities and teaching methods
Work on projects, a specific examples of solutions reconstruction by type of failure.
Forms and criteria of assessment
Prerequisite for the successful completion of the course is completion of all the lectures and continuous processing the tasks assigned.
Theoretical and practical experience with geodesic surveying of an existing state of an object, performing of brief technical investigations, identification of defects and failures of building constructions according to extrinsic characteristics, projecting of redevelopment of principal defects and failures.
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Vymezení kontrolované výuky a způsob jejího provádění stanoví každoročně aktualizovaná vyhláška garanta předmětu.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, elective
Syllabus of lectures
1. Introduction to the subject, terminology, durability and life-span of buildings.
2. Surveying of existing state in buildings.
3. Fundamental surveys in buildings – technical survey, historical and architectural survey (preliminary consideration of building defects and deficiencies – visual exploration), Development of building industry law in Bohemia and Moravia since the second half of the 19th century.
4. Design regulations for the project documentation of building reconstruction and renovation .
5. Cracks in building constructions – characteristics of cracks (active and passive crack defects, tension, compression or shear cracks , etc.) causes of cracks in building constructions and ways their rehabilitation.
6. Defects of vertical structures (columns, load-bearing and non-load-bearing walls, partitions) and their rehabilitations.
7. Openings in vertical structures, supports and bracing for rehabilitation processes.
8. Defects of horizontal constructions - the first part (lintels, girders, floor structures, wooden beam floor structures) and ways of their rehabilitation.
9. Defects of horizontal constructions - the second part (vaults, floor constructions) – types, defects, rehabilitation.
10. Staircases – main defects and failures, repair possibilities.
11. Foundation structures – failures, ways of rehabilitation, enlargement of width and depth of existing foundations.
12. Defects and failures of saddle roofs – causes, rehabilitation, attic extensions and superstructures.
2 hours/week, 13 weeks, compulsory
Syllabus of practice
1. Preparation of the building subject a suitable for reconstruction.
2. Building-technical and building-historical research of the building.
3. Taking measure and drawing current state of the object.
4. Individual entering of the building reconstruction the given object.
5. Design and drawing of adaptation or modernisation object.
6. Final consultation and elaboration submission to the credit.